the old phone browser tabs are filling up. in roughly “most interesting” to “least interesting” order
- The Midwit Home, or “smart home” without apps or wifi or FANGMEN1
- make your video calls better I have done none of these but I want to
- this series about anger seems good
- Vimm’s Vault - uh every nintendo/sega/ps/xbox game through 2008?
- Extreme Vocal Institute - how to scream without hurting your voice
- Bike Insights - compare 2 bikes' geometries, learn about bikes, etc
- Cuttle - a “combat card game” with just a regular deck of cards
- Quiet Mark - reviews of which appliances are quiet. (Most categories don’t have anything yet, but they’re starting.)
- C. Thi Nguyen’s board game recs
- Book review of The Educated Mind I usually don’t even read these but this one was fascinating.
- mp3 tag editor
- recording yourself all day
- TRE or Trauma Release Exercises sounds like craziness but it’s kinda neat how you spontaneously shake after doing these exercises
- Kingfisher Squishies - I don’t need a silicone d20, but of course I want a silicone d20.
- the QRI folks are (a few months ago) done with their psychedelic cryptography contest - I love this because I can actually understand and describe it, unlike most of what they or their friends post (e.g. vasocomputation or autism)
- still, of course I want to do their guided meditation series
- rob burbea and jhanas
- planetary scale vibe collapse - fascinating thoughts on duality
- upon the mirror sea - I’ve read one chapter of this book and I’m hooked
- more on sananga hmm if I’m having an interesting time meditating with hot peppers maybe I should look into this more. my experience so far is “burns a lot, kind of a rush, isn’t unmanageable, … helps? I dunno”
- rectangles bad - yeah! this hints at Attention Restoration Theory or even just “looking at trees is nice”
- MindPlace Light & Sound Meditation Systems - man I wish I could rent these; my main block from trying them is that I think there’s a 95+% chance I’ll end up with another piece of e-waste and a couple hundred dollars out of my bank account. That 5% is exciting, but not enough to make it +EV.
- psychedelics and antidepressants
- Psilohealth Peer Support education - I like the idea of more organized courses for everyone at all levels, not just “patients and doctors”, but like, trip-sitters or friends who can help a bit. Helps it scale out a little bit.
- speed changes how people use tools - not much to say but I agree
- running Llama2 locally - I asked about “what’s a Small Language Model I can run on my computer” and this was it. or just a trigram model
- why git is hard I dunno, yeah, it is
- L.D. Nero - I’m Burning
- Gunesh Ensemble - To My Friends 2
- Bulgarian Voices Angelite feat. Huun Huur-Tu - Legend
the plural of course of FANGMAN, my preferred acronym for the megatechcorps. I do not want them Gathering Data about my house ↩︎
blog 2023 2022 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010