Gray area creative code immersive blog
- wanted to explore how different chords sound and feel. using tone.js for sound generation and tonal.js for chord generation
- so of course I spent all my time reinventing Snake
- I don’t know about this one
- given the time I had (a couple hours on a plane) I iterated on a few ideas and then stuck with the first one that seemed even kinda funny, and that worked with the medium. (animations!)
- html/css is hard to do a “comic” comic; each line/blob is a lot of work. so it’s hard to be expressive - I wanted to give the characters eyes but it was too much work for the time I had.
- it’s hard to make a complex div like “guy” and make it replicable - I have to make “guyhead” “guybody” etc (why can you only make two pseudoelements? it would be nice if I could make “guy:head” etc.)
- I learn this every time, but nothing in html/css works like you think