Hey readers! All of you! I know at least some of you must have Chicago ties. I’m going to visit some friends there in a bit, and I know we’ll find plenty to do, but is there anything I just shouldn’t miss, you know, like, totally?
Gordon M McLaughlin -
Dan, below are 7 of my favorite things to do in Chicago (not in any particular order):
1. SEE - a broadway play (their just as good as in NYC & LON and a bit cheaper);
2. TASTE - darn good brunch while unleashing your inner-biker at Twisted Spoke;
3. LISTEN - to the rhythm and soul of late night jazz (I like Kingston Mines in Lincoln Park, but I’m sure there’re better);
4. SMELL - the aroma of Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza (even if it’s not organic) at Lou Malnati’s, Giordano’s, Gino’s East, etc.;
5. FEEL - some animals at the Lincoln Park Zoo (don’t touch the Tigers though);
6. LEARN - from any of the city’s many museums (Natural History and Science & Industry are a couple of my fav’s); and most importantly,
7. LAUGH - at one of a hundred comedy clubs in Chicago. Second City is a favorite of mine.
And finally if you really want to get the full Chicago experience, solicit a bribe from someone… doesn’t matter who, just as long as it’s an unbelievable request.
Oh damn! I can’t believe I missed this. If you’re willing to eat tasty stuff, (but I wonder if they have anything vegetarian :( ) I would say that you must go to Hot Doug’s! It’s right across the street from the Midway game studios and has extremely tasty sausage shaped products.
blog 2023 2022 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010