Great trip to the SF Bay Area this past week! It was for work, but it was hell of great, because:
- Chrome Web Store launch event! Okay, so I didn’t actually contribute code to this release, but it was my team’s release, and all is well, so that’s great. Also they talked a lot about Chrome itself (still getting faster and awesomer) and Chrome OS. My former team, Chrome Sync, got great coverage, and further press in this video (the Chrome leads have a great dry sense of humor). At any rate, it actually did get me re-excited about my job. That’s nice.
- A good chance to visit old friends. It is nice when your job will send you to visit old friends.
- Winchester Mystery House. WINCHESTER MYSTERY HOUSE. Okay, seriously, it’s just a big house with the wonkiest architecture. But boy is it wonky.
- Korean noodles and Indian ice cream. The Bay area has Seattle beat for ethnic food. (I mean Seattle proper; I’m sure you could get equally good food if you included everything within 30 miles of Seattle in any direction. The Bay area is huge.)
- got to meet the client Extensions team. Cool folks!
- go-karts with the team. Surprisingly fun. Skidding around corners and stuff; felt like real-life Mario kart.
- I stayed in the Mission in SF. I like it. It’s a neighborhood I could probably live in.
- Ritual Coffee Roasters makes good stuff.
- I continue to be thankful for my commute, especially my half-hour bike commute to Seattle. The Bay area is huge.
- In an uncharacteristic but awesome move I picked up this box of useless things at the Google store. I am pretty excited about them.
blog 2023 2022 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010