… is surprisingly easy.
1. print your design.
2. tape it to a non-corrugated cardboard. Tape a sheet of acetate (or “Dura-lar” - another plastic sheet thing) on top of it. Cut it out with an exacto knife.
3. tape the plastic sheet to a shirt. Paint on it with fabric paint.
Things to watch for:
- you might need some sticky-tack to stick the plastic to the shirt so it doesn’t lift up.
- dab with the paintbrush, don’t brush. Spongey brushes work pretty well.
- make sure your design works as a stencil. You might have to add some “bridges”. Also, try to stay away from anything super-intricate
- if you cut some letters freehand, they’ll look super jagged and sort of violent. This may or may not be what you’re going for.
Without further ado, shirts 1 and 2:
(there is no punchline to this one.)
(this one is only punchline.)
I love that first shirt.
But it’s John lennon
blog 2023 2022 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010