Three Letter Words
Two Letter Words
These were what I really wanted to do when I made Pokemon Watch. (I mean, besides have cute pokemons on my wrist.) Now I have words on my wrist, flashing by one a minute, so I can eventually pull out something sweet like “dap” or “uts” and dazzle all my opponents. Or, compete competently with Real Scrabble People.
- finding the damn list of 3 letter words.
- editing the dictionary so it’s small and concise, so definitions (mostly) fit.
- dealing with only having 24kb of memory. I mean, I can’t even load the whole dictionary into memory! I have to break it up into 4 separate chunks! This took me hours! Because:
- C is Hard. what do you mean, “split on whitespace” isn’t implemented? really?! where did that segfault happen? do I have to get out my log statements again? and to top it all off,
- debugging is slow. Like 1-2 minutes edit-test-debug. Sometimes longer if my phone and watch and internet weren’t cooperating. and we’re ETDing dozens of times because all I know is “something broke.” UGH BLAH.
Oh yeah, code’s on Github. (three letters) (two letters)
blog 2023 2022 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010